Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things For Which I am Grateful Tonight

*My new Happy Mix of various euphoria-inducing songs
*a daughter who taught herself how to ride a two-wheeler, and a neighbor boy who was kind enough to remove her training wheels since her mother is retarded with tools of any kind
*the Franson's dog, Preya, who hovers over our kids while they are outside playing and barks a warning if strangers come near our yard
*dead bolts on all our doors to keep us safe at night
*Fun new reads (Fablehaven, Lincoln by Gore Vidal)
*Phone calls from dear, far-away friends
*Visits and calls from my kids' AMAZING grandparents
*blackberries (as in the kind you eat, not the kind you carry around with you)
*sunny days (and rain to break it up this weekend... I like variety)
*Miss California, who stood up for families and opposed same-sex marriage in her interview question during the Miss USA pageant last Sunday night, thereby losing the crown. I only saw the recap, but I had Maggie watch it with me to show her an example of a brave person who stood up for her beliefs.

1 comment:

  1. Blackberries (the kind you eat) are much more my style as well. Fun list of things Mind!

    And I can't believe the snowy spring break pictures...I was pretty ready to see some sun in April and the first two weeks were COLD and snowy. So I went to Phoenix, where warm weather was guaranteed (but missed the 80 degree weather here while I was gone, of course). I got to see Andrea down there and we are thinking of a lunch or something sometime the second or third week of July. You are around for that month, right?

    ReplyDelete