Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How do I type the Euro sign on my keyboard?

...because I spent about 700 of them today on the kids' books and uniforms. The girls look adorable - will post pics tomorrow after their first day of school - but other than that I'm kind of throwing up in my mouth a little bit right now. I kind of like the American system where the books are free and they can wear whatever I can get on sale at the Children's Place or Old Navy. Eegads! And I'm sure glad I still have the $200 homeschooling curriculum I bought and brought over here with me for Sophie, who was going to homeschool up until last Friday when she got into Milford for sure. I think I'll nickname this entry, oh, something like "bite the bullet" or "Losing Loot in Limerick." It will all be worth it though... right? We are still having fun, and Gary's meeting this morning with his PhD mentors went very well... if only everything didn't cost so durn much!

On a happier note, this is what I posted today on Facebook, because it was so funny that it sort of made me snort Orangina from my nose while trying to hold back a laugh:

Maggie, upon the consumption of her first Irish chip (french fry): "wow mom! I never experienced the true potential of the french fry until now!" Chips here are pretty good, I must say. They serve them in brown paper bags and you can sprinkle salt and vinegar over them for the true Irish chip experience! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment