Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Had a hard time motivating myself today. It was rainy, I went to bed late last night, and Spencer was happy with his legos. I should have exercised and worked on Festival team routines or the studio web site or updated this blog with stories from last weekend's adventure in the Ring of Kerry (coming soon to a Larsen blogspot near you). Instead, I sat on the sofa and read the last 100 pages of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. And I won't lie to you - it was delightful. But I'm feeling guilty about the use of my time today on the Good/Better/Best scale; I get lazy and like nothing better than to curl up and "reat" (read and eat) with a good book, bread and cheese, and herbal tea. This clearly only falls into the "Good" category, although since it's historical fiction I may be able to validate it as "Better" because I did learn something. However, I could have been mopping my floor and cleaning my cupboards and making dinner for someone and sending my grandmother a post card and proofing Gary's papers and reading books on doctrine to Spence, not just to myself... ah, the guilt spiral of the Mormon mother when we pamper ourselves just a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment