Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and Maggie's Talk

Had a fairly good Mother's Day... breakfast in bed, Maggie's scavenger hunt to find my presents (a cd organizer, mini air compressor for our Emergency prep kit and a snow cone machine that I think Maggie must have picked out...) and an attempt by Gary to get the kids ready for church himeself. Unfortunately, Spencer had kept me up ALL NIGHT LONG (no reason, just cussedness) and I was so tired I couldn't even see straight. In spite of the nice morning, Mommy was a grumpy bear. Luckily a nice walk to and from church in beautiful weather, a nap after lunch, and a beautiful evening stroll helped clear my head.

Spencer is still so not in my good books though. One boy, boy for sale...

Yesterday Maggie gave a talk in Primary. I had to type it in here because she wrote it entirely by herself and gave it with such perfect delivery. Gary and I were in fits.

"Hi, I’m here to talk about baptism and confirmation. When you get baptized it’s best if you are 8 but if you are an adult and you haven’t gotten baptized it is not too late you can still be baptized. In some countries, when people are born people say “you must be baptized.” And do you know what they do? They sprinkle water on the person’s head. If you are being mean to someone, you get a thing called a sin. If you get a sin there is on e thing left for you to do. You have to repent to people, Heavenly father and the person you had hurt to. When we are baptized, all of our sins are washed away and we start out like we were just born again. Jesus taught us that everyone needs to be born again to live with Heavenly Father. A rich man asked Jesus how it was possible to be born again, do you go back inside your mommy’s tummy? Jesus answered “no you must be reborn of water and of the spirit.” That means you have to be baptized in water and receive the Holy Ghost within your confirmation. When you are baptized in water every part of your body has to go under the water. If one little hair does not go under, you’ll have to start all over again. Whether you are a girl or a boy baptism will always be the same.

I am going to turn 8 on June 12th and that means I am going to get baptized soon. Getting baptized is what my Heavenly Father wants me to do.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment