Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Annual Neighborhood Talent Show and Sing-In

Well, we did it - last night we hosted the first annual Neighborhood Talent Show and Sing-In in the Larsen Family Party Barn. Gary went to town decorating the barn with twinkle lights, garlands and stage lighting (while keeping one eye on the BYU bowl game as well, of course! Go Cougs!) It looked amazing! Wish I'd had my head on me and thought to take some pictures - d'oh!

We had about 60 people show up, which is pretty good for a first time thing, and the talent acts ranged from clogging numbers (of course, since half the local kids take from us) to a Scout lip synch to the 12 Days of Christmas to a bagpipe solo. Maggie, Sophie and Gary sang the song Maggie and Gary made up together, Waltzing with my Daddy, and Sophie got up and tapped her way (along with her BFF Charlotte) through Holly Jolly Christmas. Lots of piano solos and caroling, too. Afterwards, of course, we turned on music and the disco lights, pushed the chairs back, and the whole crowd boogied down to Christmas music. Even the teenagers, which we think was quite a feat.

Now it's all cleaned up and we're recuperating. I'm still in my pajamas and it's noon, but it's Christmas break, right? And aren't showers overrated anyway?

Signing off to wrap some presents and drink hot cocoa with the kids...I love Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! Next time I'm in Rexburg at Christmas, I am SO there.

    Hope you guys had a fun Christmas. Did you go to Maui? I think my family needs to pick-up on that tradition. Remember the year that we did see you there? You were a glamorous newlywed and I was a pasty-white, still-slightly-chubby recently returned missionary who felt kind of like a dork. Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete