Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do I need Counseling?

So I'm finally learning to throw a decent punch because a lovely lady in my ward is teaching us the basics of self defense. During the class we were talking about what to do in a car burglary situation, in a house burglary situation... you know, dangerous situations. And somehow, for almost every category, I had a story that went along. My planner was stolen in high school (Gary just said, "it's probably still sitting there where you left it." Very funny, hubby!). My first car was stolen when I was 16 and stupidly left the keys under the front seat while I ran in to a friends' house to say hello. There were a couple of guys in high school and college whom I could probably qualify as a stalkers, though mercifully I've never been physically attacked. And some times when I definitey had to make my "no's" mean "not only no but HECK no", as my dad says. Only he doesn't use the word "heck."

In LA Gary's '87 Olds (the Shark) was stolen on our fourth day of living there. Then the radio was stolen out of the replacement clunker (Rusty) we bought to replace the Shark. (The radio was worth more than the car, so I guess they made the right choice...) As an office assistant I fielded several sexual harrassing phone calls from truly disturbed males (not a rare thing in LA). Then our house was robbed in Charlotte. That was the worst.

Kind of a crazy list. I feel normal, but maybe deep down I'm darkly, emotionally disturbed, and can therefore justify any unexplained door lockings, taser guns purchases, and Haagen Daas or Jane Austen cravings which may happen to occur. Just to warn you - I'm dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment