Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gratefulnesses (Is that a word?)

Some things I'm grateful for:

*being a mother. Sometimes, when I'm in the right mood, I get a thrill when I hear my kids call me "mommy." If I am half to them what my mother is to me, being a mother is a pretty darn amazing thing. I am a mommy - wow! I love my kids!

*my amazing grandmother Nanny who has always made me feel special, loved and appreciated. She is the most thoughtful, service-oriented person I know! Love you Nanny!

*the wheel. Seriously, think about it - wheels allowed my plane to take off and land to get us to Europe. Wheels helped me get to the store and back again in less than an hour on the bike. They also propels the stroller I use to wheel my groceries home when I have to walk. And there are four of the blessed things on my wonderful minivan at home! Can't wait to drive you again, powder puff!

*tender mercies. So many of them, blessing my life constantly. Finding this place to live and renters to take our home in Idaho. Having another LDS family with kids two houses away. Friends to talk to, email, love, empathize. Obedience from my kids. And I know I always talk about getting to and from church here, but seriously, sometimes it's the small tender mercies, like getting a ride home (two weeks in a row now!) or the weather being fine for the tenth Sunday in a row, which make me feel loved from on high. Or at least noticed.

*Head tickles. Especially when I have a migraine.

*Late night movies with my hubby!

*The Internet. It makes it possible for me to run our business from Europe! and keep up this personal history online so if my computer crashes (as it did yesterday) all this is still here! and is an easy way to do devotionals in the morning - thank you Mormon Messages and LDS.org.

*My body. It may be getting squidgy around the edges, and my hair and clothes lack somewhat in the style department, but my body is healthy and functional and does what I need it to do. I had back issues for a month or so last spring, which made me realize how lucky I am that I can use both my legs and arms and head however I want. I can see and hear, I can talk, I can walk and run and drive and dance. My body is great! Health is a blessing!

*An AMAZING father for my children. I really think Gary is one of the best dads out there. He is fun, creative, willing, involved, caring, hilarious. He makes up fun games (blanket tag) and builds things (snow forts, cardboard slides) that I would never think of, and the kids adore him. So do I. Love you hub - you're awesome!

*Travel. Yup. We love it.

*Warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment