Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Food

What would a trip to Maui be without our favorite culinary delights? Gary laughs at me for actually taking pictures of my meals, but really, this is the one time a year when I can get amazing fish like this. I HAVE to document it!
We went out to three nice restaurants in Maui: Roy's, Pacific'O, and Leilani's. (Our other favorites are the Banyan Tree, Plantation House and Mama's Fish House so if you go to Maui try them all!) I got my long-anticipated coconut-crusted mahi mahi at Pacific'O's, but I have to say, for the price, quality and overall experience, my favorite this trip was Leilani's. We splurged and went there three times this trip. But with the sunset special (above, a FABULOUS crusted ono filet with a lemon beurre blanc sauce) at only $18, it was WORTH IT! Where can I get food like this at home? Eat up while I can, I say! Everything tasted so good.
My blackened mahi, also superb. One of my favorite sights in the world - the view from the Leilani's balcony at sunset! or any time!The kids discovered lava flows (pina colada with strawberries) on this trip. After finishing his, Spencer patted me on the shoulder and said, "Mom, this is the best flavor I ever had!"

Maggie attacking the hula pie.
I think all that sugar did something funny to us... we're all perfectly normal, I swear...

No comments:

Post a Comment