Saturday, March 24, 2012

Springtime Favorite Things

*Cardini's Parmesan Ranch salad dressing. I discovered Cardini's caesar dressing years ago, and found Cardini's ranch dressing in Ireland. Both receive my "Best in Class" award for salad dressings! I will eat raw carrots by the handful just to savor this lovely condiment!
*My Nanny. 91 years old, in remission, and going strong! 100% awesome, the ultimate example of selfless service, love, generosity and talent. Has stayed young for almost a century by constantly giving of her big heart and numerous talents to others. We're looking forward to spending conference Sunday at her house!
*Digging in my garden. Two months earlier than normal this year! Thank you spring! And crab grass, you've just met your worst enemy. I'm out to get you, so watch it.
*The Hunger Games, book and movie. The movie was intense, and I wanted Peeta to be more developed as a character, but overall it was a very powerful film. Books one and two in the series are among my favorite reads, though the third one was a little brutal for me. In it they changed Peeta, my main reason for reading the books. I'm definitely Team Peeta - Gale I never particularly liked, and even Katniss herself doesn't overly interest me (though I liked her better in the movie than the book), but I love the Boy with the Bread. And Prim with her goat. And sweet Rue. And the movie Effie is a crackup.
*My mom's Chateaubriand recipe! My mouth waters just thinking about it. Easiest thing in the world - season a tenderloin roast with salt, pepper and garlic. Place on a foil- lined cookie sheet or roasting pan. Roast in a 500 degree oven for a half an hour, then turn off the oven and roast for another half hour. During the last few minutes of baking, mix together two parts grape jelly to one part ketchup in a pan over medium heat. Baste onto the roast during the last ten minutes and pour the remaining sauce over the sliced meet. We served it for the 80's valentine's party and it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious, in spite of the unorthodox ingredients. (I know, you're thinking, ketchup, really? trust me on this one...)
*choreographing a new Charleston number for our festival team that's going to France this summer (if airfares ever go down, that is!!! argh!)
*making up some fun new Zumba routines
*My friend's mint brownies. Normally mint is not my favorite flavoring, but in her buttercream frosting version, they're practically addictive and I get fortnightly cravings! Good thing it's not bathing suit season... yet... hence the new Zumba routines...
Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment