Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What Happens When Your Mother is Awesome...

... and talented
... and thoughtful
... and nurturing
... and brilliant

My mom listened to me vent about my current status as a "single" working mother. Yes I know I am very happily married, but since Ireland Gary has been so freakin' occupied - as he should be - with his BYUI job and his dissertation (only six more months to go before that behemoth is done!!!) that I've been holding down all the studio and home responsibilities alone. I knew it was coming, I was prepared, it's a worthy goal, but sometimes it just gets old... anyway, she caught me at a bad moment and the next thing I knew, she brought me flowers the next time she and dad came up to visit Nanny. AND painted me the Shell Cottage from one of our favorite books, Mandy, as a belated Christmas present. Could she be any more amazing? I don't think so. I really lucked out where mothers are concerned! I love love love my painting mom! And you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment