Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but I enjoyed it more this year than I ever have with kids. I actually even decorated for it! Other fun things we did this year are:
-carved pumpkins grown from our very own gardens!
-made cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds
-had a neighborhood movie night out in the party barn, watching "Nightmare before Christmas".
-made orange, pumpkin-shaped popcorn balls -yum!
-easy costumes - got them all off Ebay! We love cats, Dorothys and knights! I can sew, but the kids don't really know that yet...
-Watched "Clue" with Gary as we did our nightly chores. "Would anyone care for fruit, or dessert?"
-Had a fabulous Halloween day with Nana and Papa at Nanny's house out in Lewisville. Went on a long walk down the fields with Nana and Papa, hearing stories about Papa's youth and looking for wildlife. Maggie learned new piano duets with Nana and Papa and picked out fabric for Nanny to make me a pillow. (She is so darn amazing!)
-played Monster Memory with the girls
-Ate the traditional Dinner in a Pumpkin Halloween night, with wassail, Magleby's rolls, and a chocolate cake Nanny made us for dessert! Then trick or treating with dad and Papa until Papa got the chills and had to go home. Papa does not like the cold!

1 comment:

  1. I love your dinner pumkpins! Thanks for all your help on the phone yesterday- sorry we kept bugging you! I hope Sophie is feeling much better- wassail makes everything better! At least you CAN sew, I don't think I could thread a bobbin (sp?) any more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete