Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's a Mermaid Birthay Party!

So everyone was finally healthy and we finally got to have Sophie's birthday party last Wednesday. She loves mermaids so long ago the theme was decided, and I had a lot of time to research fabulous maritime motifs. We had blue jello in clear cups with swedish fish swimming around in them; pin the flowers on Arial; musical chairs to Little Mermaid and Muppet Treasure Island songs; find the fish relay races; a pinata; treasure box treats; dancing with the disco lights; and the movie Mermaidia for when I finally burned out of energy. It was a memorable day for my sweet Soph; on the phone with Gram and Nana that night, Sophie gushed repeatedly, "it was the best birthday party ever!" Phew - I delivered.

I'm going to go collapse now.

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, so happy I found your blog! Glad you are well. Congrats on such a sweet family. My blog is kirbell dot blogspot dot com.

    ReplyDelete