Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Perfect Mother's Day

I had a most wonderful Mother's day. We were in Salt Lake, and I woke up to cuddles, got to hear my kids sing and my parents speak in church, ate an incredible lunch (the Club!) that I did not have to cook or clean up, took a nap, ran through sprinklers and rolled down a grassy hill with my hub and kids... what a lovely day. Even the three hour drive back to Rexburg was okay, since our dog was ecstatically waiting there to welcome us home. I love my life!

And Sophie's incredible 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Dennis does a mother's day program with her class, including place settings, books for moms and grandmas, a musical program with each child reciting a piece of poetry (Sophie did Shel Silverstein's All the Woulda Coulda Shouldas), and a fabulous dessert. Such a special time together! 




  
The kids made necklaces for their moms, and being the thoughtful, adorable girl Sophie is, she made one, and a book, for Nanny as well. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment