Sunday, November 3, 2013

Maggie's Birthday

This year Maggie turned the big 1-2. WOW! Growing up so fast! She even got to go to girls' camp this year, by the skin of her teeth since her birthday was the week of camp. She didn't technically have a party this year, unless you count girls' camp, two weeks on tour in Canada and three weeks on tour in Portugal. Which I do. But we still made her feel special anyway - had a family birthday with gifts, etc the night before camp (for which she packed herself two months in advance... she was so excited to go!), and on her birthday itself, which was two days later, I drove up to Driggs that evening and surprised her with her favorite candy bar and a huge hug. How could I not see my own daughter on her birthday? :-) This was her first real time away from home, and she was a little weepy when she saw me (and had had a bout or two of homesickness before, according to her camp leaders), so I was so glad I was able to do it. Sure do love you, my Mags!

Being 12 is a big deal in our little community- she can now babysit legally (YAY! my life was just changed!) and it means leaving Primary behind for the more mature class structure and topics of Young Women at church, and she finally gets to go do baptisms for the dead with us at the temple! Such a meaningful milestone. We have big plans for returning often.





No comments:

Post a Comment