Sunday, November 3, 2013

Princess Camp!

I can't seem to help myself - in spite of filling the summer with horseback riding lessons, trips to Utah, and Festival team practices, I had to add something else. And that something was Princess Camp. In it's defense, I and the kids love Princess Camp. And after doing it for three or four years now, I have it down to a science. All year long I shop for crafts, props and sparkles, and when it's time to party, we're ready.

Plus Maggie got to use it as a 10-hour project for her Young Women Personal Progress, so I had her plan and carry out a lot of it. She did a great job and was really helpful!!!
 Every day began with a craft, and then a game, then a snack, then a dance segment (we learned two dances this week, a ballet number and a basic clogging piece), then another craft/project. SO FUN! I started out doing Camp for my girls, and now they love helping with it themselves!



 Sophie and darling cousin Aysia McWhorter
 Musical... um... foam pads
 Maggie and Sophie, our littlest Princess
 And what would Princess camp be without the annual horseback ride? Thank you Shaylyn and Chantel Hines for making it happen!!!

 Blowing bubbles and coloring with sidewalk chalk while taking turns riding horses


Doing our dance. The camp ends with a Grand Ball where the girls all get dressed up, do their dances for their parents, then party under the disco ball with glow bracelets and necklaces. We have SUCH a good time! And we make a little money with it too! Not too much, because of the cost of the crafts and snacks, but still, it's a bonus during our dry summer season when the studio's not in session.

No comments:

Post a Comment