Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All Together, Not a Banner Day on the Limerick Public Transportation System

Is it just me or do some people who take public transportation have particularly pungent body odors? I about got knocked out today by the eau de b-o emanating from the bus as I stepped in to take my seat. Also, Spence and I unfortunately sat near some full-on Irish bad boys who were yelling obscenities, throwing french fries, tripping people, and flicking coins at people's heads. They even attacked a black man and threw him against the wall as he was trying to exit the bus. And the bus driver did nothing. Seriously? Spence and I had to have a heart to heart about how behavior like that made him feel and why Heavenly Father does not want us to treat each other that way. Having just studied the Sermon on the Mount during FHE last night, we were able to have the "turn the other cheek" and "love and pray for thine enemies" talk. But mostly I wanted to turn around and smack those boys' heads together! (temper, Mindy, temper!)

Every experience teaches us something; today I had to learn to bite my tongue and apply that great Sermon to the way I reacted to and viewed those two boys. To think about the sad lives those boys must have lead to have them turn out that way, and to pray for them (and their past, current, and future) victims. Life lessons are everywhere, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment