Monday, September 19, 2011

My Go-To Irish Recipe

I think I crave different things depending on where I am (or how much sleep I've gotten, or what color I'm wearing, or or or). Since being in Ireland, I've made this recipe twice and crave it fortnightly. All the ingredients are typical Irish fare, so maybe that's its magic - ham, cream, peas. Of course, it will immediately clog your arteries with its supersaturated fats... but when something tastes this good, who cares?

This is the perfect dish to make during or after watching the movie Julie and Julia. Simple ingredients, cooked in butter and cream... delish! And very fast and easy!

Farfalle Romano

4 cups farfalle, cooked according to package directions

2 T. butter

3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms

1 cup chopped prosciutto or ham

¾ cup light cream

1 cup frozen peas, thawed

½ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add mushrooms and prosciutto. Cook five minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add light cream; heat until almost boiling. Add peas and heat through; toss with hot pasta and cheese. 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment