Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Three Great Things:

1) It was sunny and over 60 degrees for the second day in a row which is a serious heat wave over here! I almost felt like laying out or something. Soak up the vitamin D while you can, lads!

2) We went swimming today at the college as a family, and it felt so good to play and splash. And to not wear 16 layers for once.

3) Over the last two days, all three kids have been mesmerized by our dvd of the 02 Les Miserables 25th anniversary concert (what parts of it I'll let them watch). All three of them have begged to watch it again and again, spurring Mindy's "Let's Have A Girl's Night In London To See It For Real!" fever which has tortured me with temptation for the last 24 hours. I think I've tamed the beast and resisted the urge, because hello, we're already doing France and Ireland. We can't blow EVERYTHING on this trip. (can we?) But I was so charmed and pleased that they were interested and absorbed in one of my favorite musicals. Maggie is slightly obsessed with Cosette, and even Spencer sat quietly and watched with full attention (he liked the guns part at the barricades). Maybe we'll see a touring company in Salt Lake or something someday. Hooray, my kids are musical lovers!

I can get really cheap tickets from here to London... stop it, Mindy! geesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment