Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today I booked our trip to France online, and cut some layers in my hair. Both terrifying but strangely liberating experiences. France is going to cost us but we are taking a week to travel from the south, where Gary served his mission, then driving north through Loire (castle) country to Paris. I need to just suck it up and remember that I'm a great budget traveler and focus on the amazing things the kids are going to see - Roman ruins in Arles and Avignon, the Cote D'Azur, Chartres, Paris... it will be amazing!


And I cut my hair because you can only have boring hair for so long without absolutely going crazy. I saw my scissors in my bathroom this morning and thought, hmm, let's have some fun! I've never cut my own hair before, even simple layers, so I just picked them up and went to it. It turned out okay - I think - and even if it didn't I have three months before I see anyone I really know and that's plenty of time for my hair to grow back out! Maybe I'll do more tomorrow...or go REALLY wild and actually color it for the first time! I know, I'm such a rebel. Only not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment